Using Konqueror in XFCE interface

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jonjmorrison, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jonjmorrison

jonjmorrison

Hi all, gotta a newbie question;

I've found out how to do file sharing across a home wireless network using Konqueror as my file manager, only problem is that I can't get an icon for Konqueror to appear anywhere on the XFCE desktop, or in the desktop right-click menu. You can get to it if you go through /usr/share/applications/kde (there are 5 different .desktop files, each opens a different url or network location).
    So! Does anyone have a fool-proof (idiot proof would be better though) way of making Konqueror most easily accessable, while still keeping the XFCE interface and not having to switch to KDE?

Thank you in advance!
    Jon

jonjmorrison, Sep 7, 2008
  2. jonjmorrison

rbil

Maybe copying an appropriate konqueror .desktop file from the kde directory up to the parent directory might get it displayed in the menu?

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 7, 2008
  3. jonjmorrison

IMSancho

I just used the menu editor to change the 'file browser' link in the right click menu's command to konqueror.

IMSancho, Sep 8, 2008
  4. jonjmorrison

jonjmorrison

Cheers, that worked just fine :D
    Thanks!

jonjmorrison, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question