Using webcam with other software

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by paulcomi, Jan 2, 2010.

1. paulcomi

paulcomi

My son's laptop is a smaller aspire one (I think its a ZG5 and its running Win XP) and the webcam is open to be used with other software. It doesn't have the webcam utility that appears in the systray that my 751 has. I'm trying to use Logitech Vid webcam software which should work with any camera, but when I installed it, I lost my Microsoft WNMM audio driver and I can't reinstall it despite several attempts. The 751 has a webcam utility that sits in the systray and the options for using the webcam are AOL, windows live and I think Google. Is this utility on ALL the newer Acer Aspire netbooks? My 751 now won't even boot up. It has a corrupted .sys file and the system wants me to reinstall from Windows CD which I don't have so I'm sending the laptop back. I'd simply return it but I bought it from Geeks.com and they say "all sales final". Can some software be removed and the webcam still function?

paulcomi, Jan 2, 2010
  2. paulcomi

paulcomi

Webcam not being detected by 3rd party software

Can someone tell me what might be tying up my webcam preventing it from being detected by a 3rd party webcam program I want to use? When I run this software it says no webcam detected. I use the same software on another Acer aspire and it works no problem.

paulcomi, Feb 6, 2010
  3. paulcomi

mmad

Um first things first:
    They may not accept a return but unless you are over your guarantee, they have to offer you a replacement.

The issue is driver related. You should look for a generic driver, or attempt to update through Windows. Hope that helped.

mmad, Feb 6, 2010
Ask a Question