Vanilla Xfce4 on the One?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by primejunta, Aug 17, 2008.

1. primejunta

primejunta

Hiya --

I've been putzing around with the One for a couple of days now, trying to make it more like a regular Linux box. I've been mostly messing with the files in ~/.config/xfce4, using instructions found here and my own explorations.

I've gotten things working more or less OK, but... not quite. Specifically, I'm annoyed with the custom xfce4-panel that doesn't let itself be edited (it's very irritating to have to reconfigure it via xfce4-panel.old), and I'd like the standard desktop, without all those launch icons.

I tried changing .config/xfce4-session/xfce4-session.rc to start the standard session instead of the Acer custom one, but that doesn't work quite satisfactorily either -- some of the xfce4-menu items are borked (they don't link to anything), there are missing icons, and so on and so forth.

So, does anyone know of a simple way to replace the Acer-customized xfce4 desktop with a fully functional standard one? I know I could just go ahead and install Ubuntu on it, but I don't want to lose the fast boot times nor the full hardware support, in particular the way the card reader memory expansion works.

TIA, /PJ

primejunta, Aug 17, 2008
  2. primejunta

primejunta

primejunta, Aug 17, 2008
  3. primejunta

Sid

You amy have issues at present 17th Aug 2008 - Fedora site not availabe.
    But when you get it sorted, you will be very happy.

Sid, Aug 17, 2008
  4. primejunta

primejunta

It was now, or at least enough to get the mirror lists into my cache. Yeah, I'm happy now. :)

primejunta, Aug 17, 2008
Ask a Question