Vcore Change with Crystal CPUiD 4.15

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darkgoat, Aug 24, 2008.

1. darkgoat

darkgoat

I tried to under volt the AA1 with the Crystal CPUiD 4.15 and it seems to work. i can set vCore als low as 1.025v and Z-CPU id would read it correct. Now i do have a question: Do i block any other suspend states or voltage reductions by forcing that 1.025v? From my understanding that value is cose to the minimum. But what about suspend and sleeping modes, is there anything lower that i might miss now? BTW befor that my AA1 seemd to at the same voltage (in CPU-Z) all the time no matter what cpu load or frequency.

darkgoat, Aug 24, 2008
  2. darkgoat

goofball

pretty sure in suspend/sleep that the OS cpu control is pretty much off and the BIOS controls it at that point so Crystal CPU is only for when the system is actually running.

Good find, i didn't think that anything out there would control the voltage. If you could get the CPU to be 100% stable at the lowest vcore, you would lower temps by quite a bit, I would imagine.

goofball, Aug 25, 2008
  3. darkgoat

Guest Guest

I have now done some testing and the program can indeed change the voltage.

Problem is that if i change the voltage for the 12x multipler and then the speedstep goes down to 6x and then back up again then the change is gone. As long as i stay at 12x multipel the change is constant but when speedstep is on the voltage change dissapears when it steps down and up.

Would be nice with a good program for undervolting...

Guest, Aug 25, 2008
  4. darkgoat

darkgoat

That is true! I "fixed" that problem by setting the Energy Scheme to DESKTOP. Now the Vcore stays the same as well as the multi. Only after suspend or if you go to battery mode the dynamic settings pop in again.. A better solution would be nice

darkgoat, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question