Very frustrating SOUND issue...

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Snipershark989, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Snipershark989

Snipershark989

Hi guys... I just acquired a used Vivobook S15 M3502Q with Ryzen 7 5000 series. It has Smart amp capabilities yet the sound is atrocious & LOW!! I believe when the seller performed a reset it removed the important drivers plus the recovery partition is not visible either. In my sound settings the box to change the bitrate is greyed out stuck @ 16bits ( Can't select higher ) along with the reset default button. I have already tried every single thing I could think of including uninstalling the drivers, using DDU utility to remove ALL Realtek items, using driver updater to install latest driver etc. I also saw a post where someone advised to download the Realtek high definition codec driver 2.82, so I tried installing it and voila I was able to select a higher bitrate, plus now had the enhancement's tab. Yet sound still sucked and was low, plus I could not open DTS audio enhancer. Then Windows updated a bunch of Realtek stuff and I was back to square one again lol! I am absolutely losing my mind over the low sound!!!! Any other suggestions or will I have to send it back to ASUS to have the original factory stuff flashed back on it which I hope is not the case. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    Snipershark989, Jan 28, 2024
Ask a Question