VGA OUT Problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by erietdyk, Dec 23, 2008.

1. erietdyk

erietdyk

Hey guys, got a stumper for you.

I'm trying to use my AAO as a temporary desktop, everything hooked up properly.

Now, I am using some ancient technology, but my old Viewsonic G810 is completely capable of 2048 x 1536, and my AAO will only allow me to put out up to 800 x 600. If I try to switch over to VGA out ONLY, it clicks on my monitor for about 5 seconds, then goes back to the Notebook screen.

I've upgraded to the lastest VGA Drivers, so I have no idea what the problem is at this point.

PS: If this is something simple, don't Razz me. I'm an Auto Mechanic, not a computer programmer. :lol:

erietdyk, Dec 23, 2008
  2. erietdyk

tmn72tx

I noticed that was what I got on an external projector. I think it is a combination limitation of the graphics card and driver, as it is only an 8 MB card (at least according to the BIOS).

tmn72tx, Dec 24, 2008
  3. erietdyk

erietdyk

I know Its not the greatest card in the world, but many a GMA have gone past 800x600 on an external monitor. I think It may have something to do with the max screen rez of the Laptop's screen, and its some extremely easy fix that I don't know of.

erietdyk, Dec 24, 2008
  4. erietdyk

Sniper257

I can prove from personal experience that is completely capable of high resolutions. I used mine at 1680x1050 just last week. Also that is a retardedly high-res monitor, I am jealous.

Sniper257, Dec 25, 2008
  5. erietdyk

erietdyk

Hah, Yeah, I'm planning on doing a full wipe of it, go back to stock xp, and load all the drivers myself. Also, Yes, I love my retardedly high res monitor. Its a G810, Developer Monitor. I picked it up for 8 bucks at a Value Village.

erietdyk, Dec 26, 2008
Ask a Question