VGA OUT

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by molmedo1, Oct 25, 2008.

1. molmedo1

nicholms

This is brilliant. The first link noted above, to GMA950, downloads a little zipped installer file. I downloaded it, installed it, restarted, and then plugged in a VGA monitor. The monitor was immediately mirrored. The delay while starting the mirror was minor and momentarily caused me to worry, but after that it works as expected - even for video clips. My AAO becomes more Mac-like by the day.

I did not search long through the second link noted above, having decided to just install the drivers... But thanks to Janjalani for bringing this to our attention, and to anyone else who helped make it possible.

My specs: AAO 150 (120GB HD) with the OS X Atkos 4 install.

nicholms, Nov 10, 2008
  2. molmedo1

Jazzle

The driver does fix mirroring, but now I have the glitches (like having 2 mouse pointers sometimes)

Jazzle, Nov 11, 2008
  3. molmedo1

jANjALANi

Hmmm... I never had that glitch yet, I've been using it for 3 weeks now. i wonder what is your OsX version? Mine is Kalyway w/ Voodoo Beta 2

jANjALANi, Nov 12, 2008
  4. molmedo1

Jazzle

That's weird, everyone on the msi wind forum seems to have that problem, just like me with my AAO.
    It's not that noticed that easily, maybe you've just overlooked? it appears in office 2008 and sometimes when you rename a file, it happens in some other programs to but not all.

Jazzle, Nov 12, 2008
  5. molmedo1

rockosx

From the insanelymac forums, the little glitches are common with the GMA 900 and 950 drivers. The kexts provided by jANjALANi worked great! Many thanks!

rockosx, Nov 14, 2008
  6. molmedo1

starsky

Does anyone know how to use the external monitor only? My VGA out is working, but I would like to keep my AA1's screen closed while I use the external monitor. The problem is, with mirroring, I can't get it to display at 1440x900, I can only get 1024x600 in the middle of my 19" widescreen monitor. How can I get the full 1440x900 resolution on the external monitor and keep the AA1's screen disabled? Thanks

starsky, Nov 17, 2008
  7. molmedo1

jANjALANi

I guess you were right. it had glitches. but its really not noticeable especially it you don't use Office 2008,(I use OpenOffice 3.0) But I already found a way to get mirroring working w/out any glitches using a different method. (iAktos v4.1i not the v4i) I'll post the details next time.

jANjALANi, Nov 17, 2008
  8. molmedo1

jANjALANi

I'm also using 19" external monitor as my main monitor. Here's what i did.
    - Make sure that you have the Display Icon at the menu bar
    - Turn off mirroring from the Display Icon
    - Go to display preferences then click the tab Arrangement
    - You will see a white bar, drag it to the other monitor or your external monitor, and wait 'til it refresh the screen
    - And that's it! you can now change the resolution to 1440x900 at the Display icon

Of course you'll be needing and usb keyboard if your gonna close the lid. ;)

jANjALANi, Nov 17, 2008
  9. molmedo1

starsky

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a way to do it without extending the desktop but I can live with that. :cool: The only drawback with that is my cursor sometimes gets "lost" in the 1024x600 extended area. :lol:

starsky, Nov 17, 2008
Ask a Question