Video Capture

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by micah, May 25, 2009.

1. micah

micah

Hello,
    I recently purchased an AAO with Linux installed.

I am looking for a program on Linux to capture video of my Mini DV video camera (Canon HV20). I am not looking to edit, just capture the video to an external hard drive while I am on the go.

This is my first experience with linux - any suggestions on a program?

Thanks in advance.

micah, May 25, 2009
  2. micah

noobeeJF

at a guess.. i would say prob best (holding up my AAO and checking ports) that some kinda composite video to USB lead might do the trick?? not massive video expert, my bag more on stills, but i have transfered from my Sanyo camcorder straight to USB so i know that works.. i think it will be something that connestc the yellow/red/white(?) leads with a USB on the end possibly? check out Amazon, see what they do maybe?

noobeeJF, Jun 1, 2009
  3. micah

NCPictures

I capture on a laptop or desk top with a firewire port, onto an external hard drive.

Probably not the answer you are looking for.

NCPictures, Jul 10, 2009
  4. micah

geoffs4

Hi NCPictures

How are you doing this. I want to be able to make a firewire connection for my AAO, I did find a USB>Firewire caonverter, but it is no longer in production.

Thanks

geoffs4, Nov 9, 2009
Ask a Question