Video doesn't play very well!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Chycky, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Chycky

Chycky

I tried to watch a video at CNN, but I noticed that the video was slow and did not play very well. I also have tried another news site and their videos. The same problem occurs. There isn't any problem with my connection because the video buffers well and I use my connection without problem on another computer at my house. The problem must have to do with Firefox, the graphic card or it's drivers, or anything else. I wonder if it isn't possible to watch videos without this kind of issue?
    I use a AA1 110 with standard 512MB of RAM and original Firefox browser.

Chycky, Sep 28, 2008
  2. Chycky

Chycky

Does anyone have any experience of this problem?

Chycky, Sep 28, 2008
  3. Chycky

asdfasdf

Video Problem

I got this problem too out of the box. Video/sound ( youtube, cnn , hulu ) was lagging and doing the 'MATRIX' sound. So I decided to return it to amazon and did a SYSTEM RESTORE, and lo and behold when I tried youtube on IE its was perfect, the lagging was gone!
    Go back to the earliest restore point as possible. Hope it helps.
    Goto Start/all programs/accesories/system tools/ system restore

Aspire One
    160 gig
    1 gig ram
    blue
    6 cell battery

asdfasdf, Oct 12, 2008
  4. Chycky

steveK

just did the restore and it didnt make a bit of differnce in my lousy internet video playback

steveK, Oct 12, 2008
  5. Chycky

AceRyan

Are you only experiencing choppy video when on battery power? If so, go into your atheros wireless card's device settings and turn off the powersave mode. This worked for mine.

AceRyan, Oct 12, 2008
  6. Chycky

steveK

I tried checking the atheros network settings and they were on preamble 802.1,not powersave,and I switched it anyhow to MFP. I just tried playing a youtube video and still it doesnt work.

steveK, Oct 12, 2008
  7. Chycky

steveK

well my video playback is finally working. I cleaned up my computer this morning deleting a lot of files I didnt need,pics vids and unused programs as well. If your playback is choppy look into this for sure!

steveK, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question