Vidoes require lots of bandwidth

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cluckeyo, Jun 6, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I have a need to watch a lot of videos. I got busy with that yesterday and used our bandwidth up in one day. Are there any tricks to saving bandwidth or making it last longer, while still watching videos?

cluckeyo, Jun 6, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

rz3300

I think that this is something that we all deal with at some point, because we tend to get greedy and think that the machines can handle anything. I still get frustrated when my computer stalls or freezes, and then I will look up and see fifteen tabs open with six videos playing and some music, and then I am like "oh, yeah" and I remember that I am being a little ridiculous in my expectations. If you use videos with less quality it tends to be less of a strain, but aside from that it might just be a timing issue and making sure that you are not clogging the system. Best of luck @cluckeyo

rz3300, Jun 12, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Corzhens

When talking of bandwidth that means it is directly related to the internet provider and not with your laptop. But I agree that the computer is also a factor for the speed of the internet access somehow. My suggestion if for you to turn off any other program that is running so the access would be faster. One tech told me that internet access is greatly affected by the anti-virus program since it is running in the background doing its mighty chore. It is not advisable but if you shut down your anti-virus, your internet access in watching video may be 50% faster. But again, it is not good to use the internet without an anti-virus, it's just like walking in the rain with nothing on.

Corzhens, Jun 13, 2016
Ask a Question