[Vista]: Found drivers for JMicron JMB38x SD card reader

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dabono, Sep 3, 2008.

1. dabono

dabono

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet...

I've managed to find the Vista drivers for the JMicron JMB38x SD/MMC/MS/xD card reader for the Aspire One. For some reason, you can't get these directly from JMicron, and the "official" drivers at the Acer download site are XP-only.

However, it turns out that the Aspire 7730 uses the same card reader, and Acer supplies Vista 32-bit drivers for that model :D

You can find them at:
    ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/a ... .10.04.zip

This will get rid of the "Unknown" driver for the Base device under "Memory Technology Drivers"

Enjoy!
    David

dabono, Sep 3, 2008
  2. dabono

Frojd

The XP version works perfect for me. Good to know that there is a Vista version available though.

Frojd, Sep 3, 2008
  3. dabono

Guest Guest

The XP version worked fine for me as well. I think I'll leave them in place and wait for some WHQL drivers from Windows Update.

Guest, Sep 4, 2008
  4. dabono

dabono

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to install the XP drivers in Vista? When I tried, Windows complained that the driver didn't support this version of Windows.

Or maybe the AA1 JMicron reader drivers have been updated since I tried them...

dabono, Sep 7, 2008
  5. dabono

sanvara

Use the XP compatibility mode that is built into Vista.

sanvara, Sep 8, 2008
  6. dabono

woofer00

Vista complained, but it's possible to just click through the warning. If you can't, make sure that your account has all the proper user permissions (Administrator, disabled User Account Control garbage, etc).

woofer00, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question