Vista Standby/Sleep = Shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gambit820, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gambit820

gambit820

hello everyone

iam new to the board i have searched concerning my vista sleep / standby problem and could find no solution well anyway here is the problem.
    when i close the lid the aspire one is supposed to sleep , it doesnt it goes black then shuts down i move the mouse and it reboots i am using bios 3309, i have the aao150 , 1.5 gigs of ram and windows vista business can anyone help

Thanks

gambit820, Feb 10, 2009
  2. gambit820

woofer00

The fact that the laptop "reboots" when you move the mouse suggests it is in standby/sleep rather than hibernating or shut down. Restarting from hibernation or shutdown requires the user the depress the power button, while resuming from standby requires any keypress or mouse movement. You will probably be brought back to a log on screen, but that's normal.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding though. What are you expecting will happen when Vista sleeps?

woofer00, Feb 18, 2009
  3. gambit820

jackluo923

If a Vista comptuer falls asleep for too long or run out of electricty, it'll go into hibernation.

jackluo923, Mar 9, 2009
  4. gambit820

Marcher

Hi gambit820,

go to Control Panel -> Power Options: you'll find the powerplans available for your system and all settings you can alter/adjust. Here you can also define what happens when you close the lid (i.e. sleep/hibernate etc) and when you press the sleep/power button.

Hope this helps, Marcher

Marcher, Mar 9, 2009
Ask a Question