Vixta.org + USB = AcerOne

Discussion in 'Linux' started by apsantos, Aug 30, 2008.

1. apsantos

apsantos

[​IMG]

How To

1. Download the iso from http://Vixta.org
    2. "Put" the ISO in a USB.
    3. Boot from usb.

Features
    3D out of the box.

apsantos, Aug 30, 2008
  2. apsantos

ice_snow

Have you noticed any problems with Vixta and the One?

ice_snow, Aug 30, 2008
  3. apsantos

Elllipsis

I am always suspicious of projects that have names like "Lindows", these projects simply lack creativity at the core. I also doupt they have custom kernal fully working right now...but you never know. Moreover, I do not think compiz is exactly something to be proud of, most of the other distros can be customized in 5 minutes to run "the cube" and just don't have it running by default because some computers lack support for it. Which shows those distros care more about the general user experience than they do about eye candy.

So generally I would say avoid Vixta because it is based on the same principles as it's namesake.

Elllipsis, Aug 31, 2008
  4. apsantos

beano

Just for the sake of a little fun I downloaded it and tried running it on my One - there are absolutely NO customizations done on Vixta that I could find for our hardware. There are no release notes (not even in Portuguese) worth mentioning, nor any documentation on the "web site." Just a thinly disguised KDE desktop, version 4.0.2 (not even 4.1). It was a waste of time for me... ;)

beano, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question