VLC help please

Discussion in 'Linux' started by hungrytiger, Aug 22, 2008.

1. hungrytiger

hungrytiger

Hi,
    Hope you can help - got my one yesterday and am getting to grips with linux. I have activated the advanced mode and succesfully downloaded VLC player and placed its icon on the desktop (albeit not in the section I wanted - but hey ho) . I have a couple of questions:

1. Although I have managed to get the VLC icon on the desktop - I could not find the livna-vlc.desktop file in the usr/share/applications folder (there is a file called VLC media player though). However, its there when I do a file search, but invidisble when I go into the folder - weird. And it must be there because thats what I put in the desktop shortcut command.

2. I'm getting the &U error when starting VLC. I opened the code for the desktop config file and deleted that part from the "Exec=vlc &U" code line , but it would not let me save the file, nor could I change the read only permissions to allow me to.

Grateful for any help.
    cheers

hungrytiger, Aug 22, 2008
  2. hungrytiger

hungrytiger

OK, have sorted out question two myself. This linux takes some getting used to! :D

hungrytiger, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question