VLC Playback speed

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Dazza007, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Dazza007

Dazza007

I'm trying to slow down the playback of VLC player on my linpus, as far as I can tell I can only reduce the speed in an increment of 0.5 which is too slow and the sound stops, I downloaded VLC 1.0.1 onto my desktop (windows) and that is able to speed up or slow down infinately without any loss of sound. So my question is how can I do this, I cant install the latest version of VLC because of dependancies, I'd need Fedora 10 or 11 I think but that means formatting my drive which at the moment I dont want to do. Another option is to upgrade to Ubuntu netbook remix, is there anyway of upgrading and keeping all my apps and settings because I really cant be arsed learning another Linux distro when I've just gotten to grips with Linpus. Any help would be much appreciated. The current version of VLC is 0.8.7 janus (w x Widgets interface).

Dazza007, Sep 21, 2009
Ask a Question