Vodafone Dialer Software

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PuntoPilot, Sep 30, 2008.

1. PuntoPilot

PuntoPilot

Hey all

Call me daft, but is the Vodafone Dialer software for the 3G USB dongles also compatible for a generic 3G mobile phone? I've installed the Voda software (on my Linux Laptop), but everytime I try to open the programme, I get the following error message:

"Vodafone Mobile Connect Card driver for Linux needs the following files and dirs with some specific permissions in order to work properly: /opt/vmc/etc/ppp/peers should be readable and writtable by group vmc user user should be a member of group vmc"

If the answer is "yes, it does work", then how do I get past this message to open the programme?

If the answer is "no", what is the command to uninstall the software?

Appologies, I understand some, but not all of the operations of Linux. This just seems to baffle me.

Any help to from you Linux guru's out there would be massively appreciated...:)

Many thanks
    Nick

PuntoPilot, Sep 30, 2008
  2. PuntoPilot

Andysan

Yeah, i still havent been able to fully uninstall this either, really annoys me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Andysan, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question