Volume

Discussion in 'Linux' started by optimistique1, Nov 13, 2008.

1. optimistique1

optimistique1

Since I installed Mandriva 2009 Gnome onto the AAO the volume level seems to be very low even at it's highest.

Is there anything that I can do to increase the volume ?

Many thanks

Garry :roll:

optimistique1, Nov 13, 2008
  2. optimistique1

rbil

Not running Mandriva here, but possibly playing with alsamixer in a terminal will get you there.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 13, 2008
  3. optimistique1

donec

I had the same problem. I don't really remember what the steps are to fix it but I know you don't need to download anything just set it up properly. So I tell you how mine is and hope it helps. I am running Mandriva 2009 Gnome and if you right click on the speaker icon in the kicker and select preferences on mine I see HDA Intel (Alsa mixer) with Master highlighted. Then close preferences and open volume control from the same speaker icon menu. This opens a window which on mine shows Device HDA Intel (Alsa mixer) with 3 tabs Playback, Recording and Options. It also shows 2 set of sliders 1 for Master and 1 for PMC I have both set for Max volume. The recording tab shows half max volume and shows the mic boost and speaker not muted. If you use full max the built in mic will just pop when you try to record if Mic boost is not muted so I chose to use half max. Options tab shows i-Mic. Select preferences from the volume control window and a new window opens showing Master checked, PMC checked, Mic Boost checked, Capture not checked and Input source options checked. With this setup I have good sound volume (of course the quality is Laptop quality). Let me know if you need more help.

donec, Nov 13, 2008
  4. optimistique1

optimistique1

Hey thanks for that seems to be a little better now.

Have you any idea how I can play MP4 (Ipod video) in Mandriva?

Many thanks

Garry :D

optimistique1, Nov 13, 2008
  5. optimistique1

donec

Sorry I haven't tried since I don't have an iPod.

donec, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question