Wallpaper/Background changer

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by tetrode27, Feb 19, 2009.

1. tetrode27

tetrode27

Hi,

Does anyone know of a background/wallpaper changer that works in Linpus....I'm using the xfce4 desktop.

many thanks,

Ken...

tetrode27, Feb 19, 2009
  2. tetrode27

burpitt

hi fairly simple this one..

1. hold alt and press f2
    2. in the run box, type in "terminal" then hit run
    3. in the new window that appears type in "xfce-setting-show" then hit enter... this gives you access to 'behind the scenes..'!
    4. select desktop... in here you can change the desktop background...
    5. i'd recommend selecting the behaviour tab after you've selected your desktop wallpaper too, and enabling "Show desktop menu on right click" ... this will allow you to access the same settings again via a right click on your desktop, as opposed to going thru terminal again :)

hope this helps!!

EDIT: jeesus, just seen the original post date on this one.. bit of a late reply, but better late than never i guess! haha... odd it was at the top of the forum tho :S

burpitt, Feb 22, 2009
  3. tetrode27

tetrode27

HI burpitt

Thanks for your input, but I'm actually looking for an applet or other piece of software that will change my background on a regular basis, so that I can have a random selection of images used as my desktop.

Ken...

tetrode27, Feb 23, 2009
  4. tetrode27

Dalton63841

Dont quote me on this but if you have compiz-fusion I believe there is an option for it in the advanced settings.

Dalton63841, Feb 23, 2009
  5. tetrode27

SirWilliam

this is fairly simple as well... i hope it works, as it is a long time ago since i have done this...
    anyways... what you need to install is: nothing...
    everytime you start-up your system a wallpaper off your list will be chosen randomly...(i hope you can deal with one wallpaper per session :mrgreen: )

so here is how it should work:
    copy your desired images to /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops
    open the background-menu, via right-click>Settings>background (if you don't have right-click yet...search the forum)
    now there you can choose if an image or just a color will be displayed.
    find in the image section the button "new list" (hope that is it...i am german so i have no clue how it works in an other language...anyways it should be the left button below the entry of the wallpaper-file-collumn thingy - just noticed this menu is english on mine as well)
    click on it and add your files to that list (klick +)
    save your list...
    in the file-input should now appear:/home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/backdrops.list
    cklick close and you're done...

hope that helped...
    greetings

SirWilliam, Feb 26, 2009
Ask a Question