Wallpaper...

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by elpresidente, Jul 18, 2008.

1. elpresidente

Davidcowling

VIOLA lol, thats a type of violin.

VOILA!

no offence, it just made me laugh

Davidcowling, Aug 1, 2008
  2. elpresidente

speekergeek

speekergeek, Aug 1, 2008
  3. elpresidente

openschnitzel

openschnitzel, Aug 7, 2008
  4. elpresidente

gdfunk

So, while the One is booting up, there are a couple of splash screens that display.
    The last one has the text "Aspire One" in the bottom right corner.
    Where is this image located? I would like to set it as a desktop wallpaper.

Thanks,
    Greg

gdfunk, Aug 14, 2008
  5. elpresidente

milesg

@dandesigns, thanks for the info. I got the search bar working with google by using your files, but there were a couple of differences in the process - I hope this info helps someone else:

I didn't need to change the "firefox" text file - the one you supplied was completely different to the one that was installed with firefox 3 (I followed the install procedure here: http://macles.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/ ... -one-a110/) on my machine.

I couldn't copy the acer-desktop-search file over the exising file as the file was in use. To enable the copy, I needed to kill the acer-desktop-search process and was then able to overwrite it.

Then a quick reboot and my search bar was showing google and working fine with firefox 3! :cool:

milesg, Aug 16, 2008
  6. elpresidente

moiselvus

I' ve renamed the file to .bak (not that it made a change, as i could open it anyway, through the terminal... however, if i open it in mousepad, i just get 3 wierd signs... what did you use to edit the file? (i can' t use yours, as i wish to have it search google in opera, wikipedia in opera, and desktop with the thing thats provided...)

moiselvus, Aug 20, 2008
  7. elpresidente

dandesigns

yes. thanks for the heads up. i didn't use macle's step to install ff3 and used firefox3.real instead so there should be differences on ff files. :) btw, i hexed the file and not sure if you can add a new line there. i just replaced the yahoo.com to google.com (and a little trial and error).

dandesigns, Sep 2, 2008
  8. elpresidente

callmelolo

hmm hmm Sorry....
    I 've just spent the last 5 hours going around the forum to find how to make the background back after reboot.
    I understood how to set a new one but it disappear after reboot...
    Please help the newbie !
    Thks

callmelolo, Sep 5, 2008
  9. elpresidente

Guest Guest

A big thank you for posting these acer files.

Guest, Sep 12, 2008
  10. elpresidente

dandesigns

maybe you saved the wallpaper on the SD card. just a guess, as the SD card only gets mounted only after the startup processes (including the desktop wallpaper). move the file somewhere in the SSD.

dandesigns, Sep 12, 2008
  11. elpresidente

zero9046

Could someone please post an "idiot's guide" steps to changing the search bar to a google search, taking into consideration a user who installed ff3 using the macles article? I have done some fairly easy customizations on my AA1 so far, but I can't quiet seem to figure out how to get this one to work. I tried just replacing the acer-desktop-search file or whatever was in the /usr/bin/ directory with the one the forum poster gave, but that just resulted in my search bar not showing up at all after rebooting. Any help would be appreciated.

zero9046, Sep 19, 2008
  12. elpresidente

zero9046

A better forming of the question in the above post.

I understand that I am supposed to download the zip file posted on page 2 (to make the search bar do a google search) and that I am supposed to replace the acer-search-desktop file found in /usr/bin/ with the one from the zip file. Same goes for the firefox file as well, correct? I suppose the question I have left would be, what is the purpose of the start-search_bar.sh file, and what do i do with it?

If the other steps I've described are incorrect, any advice would be appreciated. All the same, actually, it would still be nice to get an "idiot's guide" to converting the desktop search bar to a google search bar, with the qualification that firefox 3 was installed using the process described by the macles blog.

Thanks.

zero9046, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question