WARNING to anyone opening the AAO

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Modred189, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Modred189

Modred189

JUst a bit of a notice to anyone looking to do an upgrade or anything that requires a disassembly.
    WHen you are removing the keyboard, be careful to not push in the tabs too far, else they will become stuck inside the chasis. A pain, and only the right hand two on the top can be re-inserted through their holes. SO be careful!

Modred189, Sep 29, 2008
  2. Modred189

4saken

damn it, should have looked into this forum before opening the acer. my left one is stuck in the hole :(
    the right ones got stuck in there as well, but those can be pushed back out.
    the left one is covered from the plastic part that accesses the led's.
    if anyone managed to get it back out, please let me know how.
    the keyboard seems to be holding alright for now but I would feel saver knowing all the clips are in their original position.

4saken, Sep 29, 2008
  3. Modred189

goofball

same here, done that 2x on two different one's...lol...oh well...

goofball, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Modred189

quikkie

I did this and I managed to push the "problem" tab (the one near the LEDs) back by carefully prising up the plastic off the pegs nearest the keyboard. You might end up with a little bit of the peg coming away but in my case there was enough for it to click back into place. If you are careful and gentle when you do this you shouldn't have any problems.
    Once you've prised off the plastic from those pegs you can carefully pull the plastic part back enough to get a small screwdriver in, fold back the keyboard shield to get a better view and carefully push the keyboard retention tab back into place.

Once you've done that, flatten the keyboard shield, push the plastic back into place and continue reassembly of the AA1.

quikkie, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question