Watch the Earth Rotate on Nasa's New Website

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

[​IMG]

Nasa has launched a new website where you can see images of the full, sunlit side of the Earth as it rotates every day.

Once a day, the US space agency will post at least a dozen new colour images of Earth acquired from 12 to 36 hours earlier by Nasa's Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC).

Each daily sequence of images will show the Earth as it rotates, thus revealing the whole globe over the course of a day.

The new website also features an archive of EPIC images that can be searched by date and continent.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/science/news/watch-the-earth-rotate-on-nasas-new-website-755002

Sefie, Oct 20, 2015
  2. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Fantastic! Nasa.gov has the most up-dated things! I watched the transit of Venus. It was so marvelous when you can see things right on the computer as it's happening millions of miles away in space! I like to see things like the transit of other planets as well as Earth too. It's so nice to see the Earth rotating. I know that it rotates with all the sunset and sunrise and the waxing and waning of the Moon, but to actually see Earth rotating as it rotates is magnificent! :p

Krissttina Isobe, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Sefie

thess

I love when they put up videos like that. The fact that we can see these thins is incredible.

thess, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

How wonderful! It is amazing to see and it is very enjoyable to watch! Thanks for the link. We need to be at awe sometimes :)

IcyBC, Nov 13, 2015
Ask a Question