"Ways to improve your new netbook"

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Anfernee, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Anfernee

Anfernee

Hey guys, a while back, i found an article SOMEWHERE (no idea where I found it), that said something along the lines of "10 things you should do to your netbook".. does anybody know where I can find that, or make a thread about it? I don't know all 10 things, or even if there were 10 items, but I know it was stuff like:
    1- uninstall bloatware (a list of all programs that CAN be deleted and/or replaced with lighter-weight programs that do the same thing, ie, antivirus)
    2- upgrade RAM (self explanatory)
    3- dual boot linux
    4- turn your netbook into an e-book reader
    5- overclock your netbook (for advanced users maybe?)

OK, that's only 5 things, and I know there are how-to's for each one, but what I'm looking for is a list of things that almost any netbook user should do with a new system, to improve speed, harddrive space, and just overall enjoyment of using a netbook.

Anfernee, Jun 14, 2009
  2. Anfernee

me075064

me075064, Jun 14, 2009
  3. Anfernee

Joe Foe from Buffalo

How bought some ways with XP as your op?

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Jun 15, 2009
  4. Anfernee

Anfernee

Hey me.. oh wait, am I talking to myself again? ok that was lame...

anyway, I suppose that was what I found a while back. it WAS in the very first days of the A1, I think the same time frams as the Eeepc "surf" that only had a 4 GB hard drive, and the everex cloudbook... I guess its been so long, that I was thinking the site had a different layout, but I do remember the different things they talked about. maybe this is my opportunity to contribute to the cause (whatever cause that may be...) since I haven't found a windows version of this list, maybe I can make one and post it somewhere! granted, pretty much everything has already been done, but if I could gather a list of some of the easier tips and tricks, hacks, and whatever, maybe someone out there who was originally afraid of computers might say "hey, I could do that", and get them addicted to the idea of netbooks like I am... although, its not really an addiction, its a lack of need for anything else. 90% of my laptop use is surfing the internet, playing low graphic, "time killer" games, general tweaking and tinkering, and typing a sort of journal of personal thoughts and self ramblings... such as...

"Today, I was eating a can of alphabet soup, and got a very scary message in my spoon. It said "OOOooooOOoOoOo", and that's when I realized I was eating spaghetti-O's...."

Anfernee, Jun 16, 2009
Ask a Question