we-travel.co.cc free routeplanner for java...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by beelbob, Jul 22, 2009.

1. beelbob

beelbob

I found this free routeplanner on we-travel.co.cc and it needs java to run. I downloaded sun-java and installed it. But we-travel doesn't seem to run. The software is designed for all kinds of different java-enabled phones. Does this mean that it is not possible to run it on the Aspire One? Or is there a hack to get it running?
    Any help is greatly appreciated, cause I want to use together with my AAO as as navigational aid (it even works offline or without GPS)

Cheers

beelbob, Jul 22, 2009
  2. beelbob

DutchDK

We-Travel needs java MIDP support, which means Java for phones and mobile devices, not PC's. Thats the reason you can't get it to run with Sun-Java.
    You can run it on a pc with the help of a developer emulator for either a S-E phone, a Blackberry, or with the Sun-WTK development environment.

More info about the We-Travel requirements can be found on the We-Travel wiki : http://we-travel.co.cc/joomla/index.php ... 15&lang=en .

DutchDK, Jul 22, 2009
Ask a Question