Web Browsers Aren't Working.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DiSK, Aug 29, 2008.

1. DiSK

DiSK

Hi,

So, I've just installed an nLited XP onto an external HDD. I've installed all the drivers, and my WiFi connects fine. My Eset Smart Security also updates fine.

Firefox doesn't work though. I click on it, the little hourglass shows, but nothing else. I open task manager and see firefox.exe, but it's not using any of the CPU, just 8MB of RAM. So, I uninstalled that, and tried Portable Firefox. Same thing, the splash screen shows, but then nothing. Exactly the same. So I try Opera. Opera opens, but can't go to any website.

Anyone have any idea on what's going on?

I already tried reinstalling Windows, on another external HDD even. Funny thing is, the first time I installed XP, Firefox actually worked, once. I have no clue on what's wrong now.

Help meeeee...

DiSK, Aug 29, 2008
  2. DiSK

DiSK

Okay, here's an update:

I went into safe mode with networking, and tried Portable Firefox again. Now it loads fine. So, it may be something with ESET. But I have ESET on my 2 desktops, and my dad has it on his 3 desktops, and they never had a problem with any nLited XPs. o_O Strange. I'll post again if I have anymore updates.

DiSK, Aug 29, 2008
  3. DiSK

Shrike

What is ESET??

Shrike, Aug 29, 2008
  4. DiSK

DiSK

Why don't you use Google?

Anyway, I figured out that it was something wrong with ESET; for some reason, it cannot keep the firewall settings. I tried installing Kaspersky, but, no dice. It gives me BSODs because it can't install some parts or something. Arg. Suggestions?

DiSK, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question