web cam problem after memory upgrade/xp installation

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mrsimbob, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mrsimbob

mrsimbob

Help,

My web cam does not work anymore after installing more memory and XP. Is it possible I have disturbed something on the motherboard relating to the web cam?. I have installed xp several times and reverted back to linux without any success. Can anyone advise? Does the web cam plug in anywhere inside the case?

mrsimbob, Apr 7, 2009
  2. mrsimbob

melhiore

Web cam works by default with WindowsXP PRO SP3 - if you have SP2 or SP1 only you should try to install SP3 first...

melhiore, Apr 7, 2009
  3. mrsimbob

mrsimbob

Thanks for the reply. I have installed xp SP3 and even reinstalled linux which is what the apire one was loaded with when purchased. Still the web cam does not work. Is is possible I have disturbed something when installing extra RAM? or could my web cam have a hardware fault?

mrsimbob, Apr 7, 2009
  4. mrsimbob

melhiore

It is possible camera is faulty. But firs I would suggest to open AA1 again and check all the plugs/sockets/contacts etc. After that I would suggest to prepare WindowsXP installer with SP3 included by nLite - couple of people confirmed camera working by default. There must be something within the software if hardware check will be OK...

melhiore, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question