Webbrowser cannot save files

Discussion in 'Linux' started by macki, Jan 27, 2009.

1. macki

macki

So I installed F10 xfce folowing this guide http://jorge.ulver.no/2008/11/10/fedora-10-on-the-acer-aspire-one/. Everything went fine and firefox worked as it should.
    Then I did a full system update and after reboot firefox can no longer download files. When clicking a download link firefox starts to connect to the download sorce but the save file dialog never appears. Same thing with the Opera browser. Something seems to block webbrowsers from downloading files.
    The system update did include kernel 2.6.27.12-170.2.5 however booting with the original kernel does not help. Firefox is version 3.0.5.

I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem anywhere and any help is welcome.

macki, Jan 27, 2009
  2. macki

jcm

I had a similar problem after upgrading to the latest version of Firefox. I couldn't download rpms and listen to radio programs which streamed windows media audio, amongst other things. I selected Edit/Preferences/Applications in Firefox and changed some of the "Actions," and that helped with some of my issues. Online radio applets play, but they no longer display the panel where you can change volume and stop/start the program, etc, and they also occasionally say "video is loading" when streaming audio :? .

jcm, Jan 27, 2009
  3. macki

macki

Well seems like I did not connect the ssd cable properly after I added a stick of ram. The filesystem totaly freaked out and finaly the AAO did not recognice the ssd anymore. Problem solved and I am once again one happy AAO owner.

macki, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question