Webcam doesnt work in 8.10 on my one

Discussion in 'Linux' started by geekyhawkes, Jan 2, 2009.

1. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes

Hi guys;

i have pretty much got my one configured how i want now (albeit that some powersaving tweaks are next on my to do list), but the webcam doesnt work. I have tried it in firefox, cheese and amsn (although this doesnt run for me under 8.10 now for some reason). I am running slickboys kernal but this the webcam wasnt working before my upgrade, so funny old thing is still not working now. I am happy it isnt a hardware fault as i did have it working under an old hardy install.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where i can start to get this working?

Thanks.

geekyhawkes, Jan 2, 2009
  2. geekyhawkes

markgilmore1322

My webcam started to work for me in Cheese after I set the resolution to 176 x 144 in the Cheese preferences.

markgilmore1322, Jan 2, 2009
  3. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes

strangely mine didnt work at that res, but ive dropped it to the lowest res in cheese and now it does work! Is there a way i can get it working at a slightly higher res, seems a pretty strange problem to me.

geekyhawkes, Jan 4, 2009
  4. geekyhawkes

bit-ninja

Well it looks like this has now been fixed with gstreamer0.10-plugins-good version 0.10 0.10.10.3-1ubuntu1

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/281771

I checked and I was already at version 0.10.10.4-1ubuntu1 so I re-installed Cheese and sure enough it works!

bit-ninja, Jan 23, 2009
  5. geekyhawkes

azz2811

i know that this isn't much help but after i installed sickboys kernel and it all worked perfectly i just installed the kernel and then installed cheese and then everything was fine

azz2811, Jan 23, 2009
  6. geekyhawkes

hardran3

I will confirm that the recent update fixed cheese on the AAO, and the video also appears much smoother, ie more FPS.

hardran3, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question