webcam driver (XP) - Sonix

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by onlineaddy, Oct 9, 2008.

1. onlineaddy

onlineaddy

I currently have the Sonix driver for for the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. I'd like to install Win XP Pro on my AA1, so I'm wondering where I can download the Sonix driver. I see the SUYIN and LiteOn ones in the download section. However, no Sonix.

onlineaddy, Oct 9, 2008
  2. onlineaddy

melhiore

Default driver from WinXP PRO SP3 is working well. Couple of people already confirmed that in threads related to camera problem... I believe is worth trying...

melhiore, Oct 9, 2008
  3. onlineaddy

onlineaddy

I was going to slipstream the necessary drivers into my Win XP w/SP3. I won't add the webcam driver based on your recommendation. Thanks.

onlineaddy, Oct 9, 2008
  4. onlineaddy

melhiore

Share your experience please ;) I will try with mine in the next couple of weeks. I will mod another one for friend and I will check that as well with WinXP with SP3... But always is worth to have couple of extra opinions...

melhiore, Oct 9, 2008
  5. onlineaddy

trepamuros

I can confirm both webcam drivers (Suyin and Liteon) cause problems when entering on Standby mode. You can take a look to the forums, that issue is widely discused.

My suggestion is don't install the provided webcam driver, use the default Microsoft one (XP will detect the webcam and install it properly). I won't add the webcam driver to a customized XP installation image.

trepamuros, Oct 10, 2008
  6. onlineaddy

onlineaddy

I'm successfully using the webcam using the stock Windows driver under XP Pro. The mic, however, isn't working with the webcam software in Linpus. That is a separate issue though.

onlineaddy, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question