WEBCAM HELL

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DEEJAY, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DEEJAY

ddlooping

Hello gustavaos. :)

The device ID for my webcam is:
    USB\VID_064E&PID_D101&MI_00\6&F281847&0&0000

It works using the default XP driver.

Apparently there might be more than 1 type of cameras in the AAO.

ddlooping, Oct 19, 2008
  2. DEEJAY

netLIGHT

Just want to throw this out there...

Been experimenting around...
    First I used a super-compact nLite version of Vista... webcam didn't work at all.
    But while experimenting around trying to get XP to install (unsucessfully I might add), I gave TinyVista a try.

And who'd've known... the webcam was installed right off the bat.

So I'm beginning to think that the problem has to do with whether or not the computer is able to recognize that it needs the right driver from Microsoft. Maybe this is why the wLAN driver needs to be installed in such an odd manner. To clear up any confusion the computer has about what the device actually is.

netLIGHT, Oct 22, 2008
  3. DEEJAY

renderfox

I was about to ship out my netbook for RMA (camera driver won't shows up on device manager). last minute before i did it, I updated a new WLAN driver (version 7.6.0.260) and reboot it, and....holy molly cow! i was surprised that i saw Acer Crystal Eye driver showed up in the device manager. so now the camera works as it should.
    Hope this would help people who has a problem with the webcam. worth a try thou. :lol:

renderfox, Oct 23, 2008
  4. DEEJAY

jbrephan

jbrephan, Oct 23, 2008
  5. DEEJAY

PilotDave

I just bought my aspire one. I found nothing in the manual (sucks) about the camera, which I see is at the top of the screen. Is there a tutorial someplace on how to use this, please? I found nothing in Programs either... I assume I haveto download a program file, drivers, and somewhere there will be an instruction manual.
    thanks, pilotdave

PilotDave, Oct 24, 2008
  6. DEEJAY

gustavoas

No driver at all, my problem was on the hardware. I just replaced today with a new cam module and it started working again in both windows and linux. Unfortunatelly since I'm in Brazil I could not make use of the warranty but anyway I'm happy just to have it working again :)
    Thanks all for the advices!
    Cheers,
    Gustavo

gustavoas, Oct 24, 2008
  7. DEEJAY

Guest Guest

Please see my post about this PID# with no driver. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6243

We need to find/ get Acer to provide this driver!

Guest, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question