Webcam issue windows 7

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Mr Ladbroke, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mr Ladbroke

Mr Ladbroke

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, having just recently purchased a AAO D250. I upgraded the RAM to 2GB, and loaded on Windows7 (as it had come with XP pre loaded). Everything works fine, and all the hardware has working drivers, but I can't get the webcam to work.....It shows up in device manager and is working properly according to that, but there's physically no way of getting to the webcam to use it! I've loaded some free software from NCH which lets me use it, but it's not a very elegant solution.

Anybody have any ideas/solutions? Many thanks :)

Mr Ladbroke, Dec 12, 2009
  2. Mr Ladbroke

lccurtis1

Just had the same problem. The problem is that the Webcam application does not have the actual driver included. So what I did I went back and downloaded the Chicony XP driver under the driver TAB not the APPLICATION TAB. Once I had the XP driver I uninstalled my webcam application rebooted and installed the XP driver and then run the Chicony WebCam Application and BAM! Your webcam should be back online. Here's the link for the Acer drivers http://gd.panam.acer.com/home/

lccurtis1, Dec 12, 2009
Ask a Question