Webcam issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by phatbb, Aug 24, 2008.

1. phatbb

phatbb

The official driver prompts me to plug un the webcam to a usb port therfore will not completely install. I'm running tinyvistrev2 any workarounds?

phatbb, Aug 24, 2008
  2. phatbb

GsRb0i

I have the same problem any suggestions?

GsRb0i, Aug 26, 2008
  3. phatbb

sgtslwilson

mine does the same thing. Id really like to be able to use my webcam if anyone can help.

sgtslwilson, Aug 27, 2008
  4. phatbb

harley

i thought mine worked out of the box with tinyvista r02... i'll check when i get home.

harley, Aug 28, 2008
  5. phatbb

robshot

Same goes with my 8GB AAO

But i remember it worked at one time. That was when i first install XP on my AAO, with NTFS. Since its slow (xp sp2), i did a total reinstall with FAT32 partition, same xp sp2 image. The camera shown as USB VIDEO DEVICE, but it's just blank.
    Ive tried any possible drivers advised in this forum, but to no avail. Still can't get it to work at all. Even trying using virtualdub capture avi service, it won't recognized any capture driver.
    When installing driver with setup.exe, it ask for me to plug in USB device. When installing with .inf, have driver, the suyincam.inf does not show any device on its list.
    I remember also, when that one time it worked, there's some file from suyin folder that got into RUN part on HKLM...

anyone can help?

Regards
    Robshot

robshot, Sep 1, 2008
  6. phatbb

Jazzle

Uhm, we are talking about the webcam not working under Vista here ;)
    On XP you'll just have to download the driver from the acer website.

Jazzle, Sep 1, 2008
  7. phatbb

Darryl

i have the same problem on my linux version, any help would be fab. Please see my post in the beginners section. Darryl

Darryl, Sep 2, 2008
  8. phatbb

phatbb

Ended up installing 3rd party software which enabled the camera. I'm using webcammax software that insalled its own driver and it works perfectly

phatbb, Sep 4, 2008
  9. phatbb

Biostem

I just wanted to chime in and add that, while Vista installed my webcam in the device manager, there's no app to view it/use it with. I did a search and downloaded this little freeware app called Fwink, which is only about 150KB, but allows me to take snapshots w/ my webcam. The only downside is that the preview window of the image is a llittle small...

Biostem, Sep 7, 2008
  10. phatbb

woofer00

The XP Liteon and Suyin drivers posted have given me nothing but headaches. I ended up uninstalling them entirely and ignoring them. Vista will list the webcam as a USB video device, but for whatever inexplicable reason will not show the camera under the scanners and imaging tool. However, software that uses the camera have no trouble with it even without dedicated drivers.
    In Win XP, it was possible to load the camera viewer without too much trouble and view FMV or take instant snapshots - you'll lose this without the drivers or software in Vista. However, the camera will still work. Skype brought the camera up without issue, as did other webcam software. The only real issue that comes up without the drivers is the framerat in FMVe, but that just might be a problem with my particular setup.

woofer00, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question