Webcam problem (on websites)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lautreamax, Sep 19, 2008.

1. lautreamax

lautreamax

First, sorry if this has already been dealt with. I did a search and couldn't find anything on the topic.

I have the Aspire One Linux model. For now, I'm still running the OS that came pre-installed, though I'm considering installing a different version of Linux. Still undecided on that.

Anyway, the problem I'm experiencing is with the webcam. It works fine if I just use it to take pictures or record video. However, when trying to connect live on some websites, I have had no success. I've tried this on YouTube and Facebook, where you can record live video with a webcam. On both sites, the webcam is not found and I can only record sound with a black screen.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

lautreamax, Sep 19, 2008
  2. lautreamax

woogal

Flash 9 that's installed on the One doesn't work with the camera, but if you install the latest flash 10 beta (there's a thread on here somewhere) it will sometimes work.

woogal, Sep 19, 2008
  3. lautreamax

lautreamax

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

lautreamax, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question