Webcam problems! Please help!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hobojesse, Oct 29, 2008.

1. hobojesse

hobojesse

hey, i downloaded the webcam driver and it worked fine, just it doesnt have the record feature, just pics :x . i read the i needed to download CCD_Suyin and i did, just that i started downloading it, it says to insert the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam into the USB port. that doesnt make sense to me. anyone have something that can help me?

hobojesse, Oct 29, 2008
  2. hobojesse

Ultrabog

Had the same problem, so I tried Yawcam from http://www.yawcam.com/index.php this gives the camera more functionality including video streaming and motion detection.

Ultrabog, Jan 23, 2009
  3. hobojesse

Nemix

Happens on my Aspire One too, though I had the drivers installed and webcam working for a while; one day the webcam just disappeared?

I uninstalled my drivers (add/remove) then tried reinstalling the drivers but got the same message: please connect USB wecam or something along the lines, I got pissed so I just shut down the setup via task manager and uninstalled the installation via add/remove programs.

Next day I turned on my AA1 Windows detected the damn thing without re-installation, probably because I previously had the drivers installed before.

I think the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam driver in my case SuYin is very flaky, Acer should look into this and provide an updated driver that fixes the problem.

Nemix, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question