webcam software

Discussion in 'Windows' started by th3drow, Aug 30, 2008.

1. th3drow

th3drow

ok there doesnt seem to be any software or anything to use the webcam, or am i missing something? if there isn't does anyone have any suggested software, just for like normal like taking random pictures with it.

th3drow, Aug 30, 2008
  2. th3drow

Darren198712

If your using Linux I don't have a clue

if your using Xp then go to my computer and click on Acer Crystal webcam and the webcam will load up

not sure on software as the standard XP one works fine for me

Darren198712, Aug 30, 2008
  3. th3drow

hmmwv

Linpus has webcam software under "fun," it's the XP version that lacks software support. The windows explore built in program is okay but very primitive.

hmmwv, Aug 30, 2008
  4. th3drow

ani88

For WinXP, the "preinstalled" software can be accessed via My Computer > My Scanner/Camera Devices > Acer camera icon

However, that software is totally useless, so I have downloaded other webcam software such as Magic Camera and Webcam Max (sharewares). I haven't decided which one I like better but both allow you to size your pictures to 640x480 and you can add animations and frames to your pictures.

ani88, Aug 30, 2008
  5. th3drow

elfenstar

I'm really sorry about hijacking this thread, but it might be useful if there was an alternative webcam software for the linux system. I made a mistake while playing around with the os and had to do a full format and recovery. Since then I have only activated the "advanced" features of the desktop, and installed vlc via livida. When i decide to try and use my webcam, i only see a (mostly) green screen.

I can make out movement and sometimes there are these pink bits, however no matter what i do to the settings, it still shows roughly the same thing.

Does anyone know why, or how it can be fixed???

elfenstar, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question