Webcam stopped working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by STNC, Jan 3, 2009.

1. STNC

STNC

Hi Everyone,

I used the eRecovery software last night to bring my AAO back to factory settings. Well I was using my webcam with aim this morning, and all of a sudden it stopped broadcasting, and windows said it had found an unknown usb device, and installed software for it. I uninstalled the camera drivers, and then tried to reinstall them, but it told me to plug the camera in and try again, as the camera wasnt found. I then brought it back to factory settings again, and this time it didn't even install the camera drivers at all.....

HELP!

STNC, Jan 3, 2009
  2. STNC

Maksin

Exactly the same problem here. At first the webcam worked just fine, but now is showed as unknown device under the usb controllers. I have tried everything, to reinstall driver (can't do because it is saying it isn't connected), restore to factory settings, temper with drivers, installing different version of windows, removing or deleting my picture folder, contacting Acer customer support...

Because many people over the internet have the same problem and Acer is requesting that AAO be sent to them for resolving the problem, my only conclusion is bad CCD chip which reset it self or something else and change the chip eprom data (maybe short-circuit somehow). In some other web site, I read that similar problem occurs with other model as well. The quick solution was to remove the plastic around lcd screen and reconnect the CCD cable. But this a little hard to do with AAO.

Maksin, Jan 4, 2009
  3. STNC

STNC

so basically they are just gonna send me a box for my AAO when they reply to my service reuqest...oh wellz

STNC, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question