Weird lockups

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mobius122, Dec 14, 2008.

1. mobius122

mobius122

Hey guys\gals,

I just received my Aspire One yesterday in the mail. I immediately installed Kubuntu 8.04.1 and spent two hours getting the wireless card to work using ndiswrapper. Anyway it seemed to be working fine, then last night I noticed a lockup. The mouse froze, keyboard froze, nothing. The only thing I could do was to power it down. It came up fine and worked fine the rest of the night. Then tonight it did it again. No real ryme or reason. Anyone seen this issue? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mobi

mobius122, Dec 14, 2008
  2. mobius122

SlCKB0Y

Firstly, Id put the OS which came with it back on. Run it for a while and eliminate the possibility of hardware issue.

Once youre sure its software related, WHY are you using ndiswrapper? You have two native drivers to chose from.

SlCKB0Y, Dec 14, 2008
  3. mobius122

zaphod

zaphod, Dec 14, 2008
  4. mobius122

RockDoctor

Mobi's using ndiswrapper because (s)he's a noobie and doesn't know about your kernel. :D

RockDoctor, Dec 14, 2008
  5. mobius122

SlCKB0Y

Ive never setup ndiswrapper. i always just assumed it was more complicated than using a builtin driver!

SlCKB0Y, Dec 15, 2008
Ask a Question