Weird thing...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MiniM3, Sep 3, 2008.

1. MiniM3

MiniM3

I decided to turn off my wifi to transfer some large files over so I plugged in the ethernet cable to the Ethernet port, no problem, connected, detected the network. But it's slower!!!! LOL

I tried to transfer a file over and it was like slow, 185 minutes for a 350 mb file. Any suggestions?

Damen

MiniM3, Sep 3, 2008
  2. MiniM3

daniel33

daniel33, Sep 3, 2008
  3. MiniM3

MiniM3

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted :)

Very strange, I've been having intermitten issues with Standby/Hibernating modes, sometimes it works sometime it doesn't, seems like it's got a mind of it's own. I find that it's a 50/50 chance, it'll just sit there saying Preparing to Standby/Hibernate and won't do anything, I have to manually power off keeping the power button down.

The Lan thing is weird, never seen this before. There was a couple of times where it was working fine then it'll be super slow again.

I had the 8GB SSHD model before this 120HD one and it had none of these issues, wonder why there would be so many problems considering it's really the same wireless/lan hardware and drivers. I have a funny feeling it's a bios thing. Then again, I installed Windows XP Pro SP3 on the SSHD model, maybe that's the problem, anyone out there have XP Pro SP3 on the hard drive units and still running into these problems?

Well, I guess we'll see in 14 days if Acer gets a fix out, if not, I'll have to decide whether to stay with this or go back to the SSHD model. Come on ACER, get your crap together :) or you'll force people buy the eeePC's. :)

Damen

MiniM3, Sep 3, 2008
  4. MiniM3

MiniM3

Well, if anyone is interested, I made the executive decision to reinstall Windows, this time with Windows XP Pro SP3 and what do you know, no more problems with LAN/WLan anymore, both are working as they should. Lan is now "true" 10/100. I'm just installing the rest of my apps and so far so good (knocking on wood). Even the Standby/Hibernate seems to be more stable. I guess it's not a hardware issue, must be something either in the drivers or Windows XP Home. I reinstalled with XP Pro SP3 and manually installed the drivers one by one via Acer FTP site.

Good Luck!

Damen

MiniM3, Sep 4, 2008
  5. MiniM3

Qwertywasd

Damen are you still having normal speeds with Xp Pro SP3 or has it reverted back to its old self?

I ask this as i installed Xp Pro Sp3 from the beginning and had these issues appear after a couple of hours, another thing that seems to cause it to go to normal speed (albeit only for a few minutes) is to remove the network card and rescan for it (Device manager).

I'm also using the latest drives off of the Acer ftp site,

Thanks

Qwertywasd, Sep 5, 2008
  6. MiniM3

MiniM3

I'm running XP Pro SP3 and both Lan/Wireless still working good (crossing fingers).

Damen

MiniM3, Sep 10, 2008
Ask a Question