Well I broke something...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Spyder, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Spyder

Spyder

So I spent the day yesterday installing and playing around with F-spot. I followed the macles instructions. It took me few tries (some of the steps are explained in links that I blew right over), but I got it installed and working and put the icon on my desktop.

So I boot it up this morning and it gets to the desktop for about 10 seconds then shuts down. I'm not sure what's causing this, but could it be I screwed something up in my desktop file? What could be causing this?

Spyder, Sep 17, 2008
  2. Spyder

hmraao

Other similar reports have turned out to be battery related. If plugging in the mains adapter solves the problem, especially if it runs better on mains with no battery present, then see your supplier about getting a replacement. If it were a sw problem, you'd expect a reboot, as opposed to a shutdown.

hmraao, Sep 17, 2008
  3. Spyder

Spyder

Here's the sequence of events.
    Power on
    Hangs at AAO splash
    Restarts
    Boots to desktop
    Loads all startup items (power manager, wifi)
    shutdown

If this is a battery problem I'm hoping it's covered under some sort of manufacturer warranty as I've only had it about 2 weeks. Would this be because I ran it off the plug all day yesterday?

EDIT: It does the same thing with the battery out so I don't think it's battery problem. Either something with linux or something internal. Hopefully the former.

Man this sucks.

Spyder, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question