What game are you playing now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hertzian56, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Daisy the Swimmer is kind of embarrassing to admit to dling and playing a bit. It's mostly about the sexy motif and really is just pure jank. It runs badly, choppy play, no way to turn off music or even volume down, controls and fights are just annoying japanese style kinda like the older yakuza fighting but nowhere near as polished. It's just a sexy game that seemed so absurd as to be entertaining and it is but it's repetitive and runs terribly, you're better off grabbing sexy mods for say elden ring or some other much better game. It's a badly made unity game to appeal to horndogs lol Deleted pretty quick.

Hertzian56, Jul 31, 2024
  2. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Fallen Aces however is fantastic. An old school noir game that has shades of Max Payne 2 and also Jazz Punk simple graphics but is well done. Pulpy comic book stuff with beatem up type of game play with some real use of stealth since you're outnumbered. It also has a built in console to add god mode and such if you're more interested in just seeing it all rather than management of your health and such.

It's an Early Access game so it only has the first of three parts but it's pretty long. I've played for over 2hrs and still not done with the first part. Great game.

Hertzian56, Aug 1, 2024
  3. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I finished the 5 chapters in Fallen Aces part 1 and it was about 4hrs my guess, you can easily get lost in the levels though as there is little handholding for where to go so there's an exploration part of it. The only problem is that a lot of the levels are very samey so you can get turned around and lost pretty easy. Also some have a gimmick like needing a tool to get by things you're not aware you are supposed to be able to like fires. I'd hope the next two installments drop soon.

EDF6 a big run of missions up to about 50 of 147 in the main missions. The first dlc missions pack actually crashed on me in the 2nd or 3rd mission. Idk it's a grindy game of lots of the same levels of 5 and a few major new enemies but it's always been a grindy game. I use cheat engine since there are no trainers for it right now. Trainers, including Flings, are most likely all just cheat engine base then wrapped in fancy GUI and many of them don't bother to even do the work just lift the ct files and do the GUI part then ask for donations. Anyways trainer 1 hit kill takes a lot of the grind out of it but you still have to play the filler missions.

Admittedly the filler missions have dialogue for the story part but it's all the same besides the time travel part of it which is just edf5 missions. Every 30 missions you'll get new enemies and such and I'd just lookup the final mission of the game as I don't know I'll have time or interest to do all of them. 5 was enough tbh.

Hertzian56, Aug 2, 2024
  4. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Tried Gloomwood and there's no controller support on a still early access game from 2019 and the studio has released several games since that do support controller like fallen aces and ultrakill, EA is just a way to have plausible deniability for years and not have to adhere to as many rules as normal releases, it's a scam that steam allows.

Another scam steam allows are games that promise things as they get paid but never follow up on or take years to do or not at all. The Long Dark is classic scamming. So it was out in 2017 with Wintermute story mode of FOUR parts, well it's now 2024 and we've got THREE so far, that's a scam that steam allows. In between we've got other paid dlc which are minimal TFTFT and the effort should have been put into finishing the story.

And Star Citizen is just another level of scam, over a decade of taking in money and paid dlc for an unfinished game. Although a lot of people play it that's not the point and they do have Squadron 42 or something which I guess is a part of the game that's finished idk.

The scams are rife in the vg field not to mention the gimmicky trash that nvidia does every few years to jack up prices and get some buzz. Physx, RT etc

Grinding EDF6 about 80 missions done of 147.

Hertzian56, Aug 3, 2024
  5. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Just finished Earth Defense Force 6 and it didn't disappoint. It has a twist in the story part of it which was interesting. I finished it in 28 hours or so but I used cheat engine the whole game so it was a no die etc situation and I def spammed through a lot of missions bc this game has a ton of them and it's an endurance game more than anything. 147 missions over 5's 110 or so. And I've not done the two dlc mission packs yet so there's a lot of game from a sp pov and a lot more from a MP pov.

Hertzian56, Aug 13, 2024
  6. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Dungeons of Hinterberg is a casual enviro puzzle and lite combat game w a nice art style. Many have compared it to a simpler zelda game which I could see. It's just a casual game that has smaller levels and probably won't be too long idk. It does overuse hardware for what it is though, when you talk to people in the game my cpu usage goes way up for what is shown and done and then my laptop fans rev up like when I play rdr2, not good optimized coding by an admittedly indy dev. Nice little game that likely has no replay value unless you wait a long time between runs.

Also got back into Fallout New Vegas and noticing the buggy ness of this game on modern hw. I also don't like that the game does not hot switch between kbm and controller. You have to use one or the other and in a game where console commands are almost necessary it's a pain to have to go into settings and switch it then back. I get crashes about every hour or so likely some memory leak or something w the code. To not get those involves modding the game and all that goes with that. It's still a classic but I remember the campaign and most side stuff too easily it's not the same as a new game w mystery to it so I just mostly wander around visting places and eventually will do the dlc again which I remember but not as much details as the main campaign and side stuff.

I don't care too much about the muddy older graphics they work fine for me. The wasteland is a bit too empty though, there are mods for that but idk not into doing more then some dragndrop mods and console commands. I'm good with mostly vanilla game.

Hertzian56, Aug 27, 2024
  7. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Was playing Dredge which is a very chill type of game and can get a fling trainer to make it even more of a just chillout game then it is, less grind more meaningful playing. Great game if you like the ambiance and subtle mystery of it, it does get a little too collectathon to further unlock character interactions though. 771mb complete edition without the bonus stuff.

Selfloss a UE game which has a nice art style and is a mostly puzzle lite combat game. It didn't draw me in much besides the visuals and is likely pretty short, it's about 3gb runs ok but has indie jank to it in controls and such.

Dungeons of Hinterberg a lite combat game I kinda got bored of but will keep it on here for a while to have a variety of games.

Fallout NV modded up and has the coito ergo sum dlc mod. I also have a few random encounters mod to have less of a wasteland empty effect. No visual mods other then Clarity to get rid of the orange filter they nonsensically have vanilla.

CP77 when I get a few mods I want to try out no reason otherwise to play anymore for me done for a long long time with it.

Hertzian56, Sep 9, 2024
Ask a Question