What happens when you drop a 8GB SSD One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by crackbook, Aug 17, 2008.

1. crackbook

crackbook

I was out drinking and had it with me in the sleeve, ended up dropping it screen side first onto cement from about 3 feet.. It was in the sleeve and nothing happened, no cracks, no scratches, nothing is wrong.. I was scared for a minute since I have had it less than 2 days :eek: :shock:

crackbook, Aug 17, 2008
  2. crackbook

atarione

well I believe in your case you count your lucky stars :D

I believe this is one of the advantages of the SSD drive assuming you don't smash the thing in the process it is more likely to survive a fall unscathed.

I wouldn't make a habit of it... or a habit of taking your aspireone to the pub :D but you are probably fine.

atarione, Aug 17, 2008
  3. crackbook

retsaw

If a HDD is switched off I'd expect it to survive a 3 foot drop, I'm sure I must have subjected my external 2.5" drive to some drops like that, though doing it when the HDD is running I'd not be so sure about. It is a plus for the SSD though, I'm more concerned about damaging the case or screen if I drop it though, so I don't plan on trying any of my own drop tests.

retsaw, Aug 17, 2008
  4. crackbook

Davidcowling

no cracks or scratches!

wow, thats a tough little netbook

Davidcowling, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question