What is the lastest version of Linpus for the Acer One ??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tomt, Jan 4, 2009.

1. tomt

tomt

New Acer One after update is showing 1.0.7E

Is that the latest version ??
    If not how do I update it ??

Thanks

tomt, Jan 4, 2009
  2. tomt

tomt

Quick google shows versions over 1.0.9 ?

What gives ?

tomt, Jan 4, 2009
  3. tomt

woodland

woodland, Jan 4, 2009
  4. tomt

csmo

The latest version is 1.0.15E and cannot be updated via 'Live Update'. You´ll need to install the new version as explained at http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/12/acer ... y-dvd.html

I have installed the latest version and besides the nuisance getting rid off the stupid Google toolbar (which now for whatever reason comes pre-installed in Firefox), and a fix for the 'sudo' bug in terminal I can´t see any obvious changes. Nothing to write home about.

csmo, Jan 5, 2009
  5. tomt

tomt

So it's not worth changing then ??

Ohh... it's a newer version I'm so tempted :oops: :lol:

tomt, Jan 6, 2009
  6. tomt

csmo

Heheh. By all means, go ahead and upgrade without fearing the worst. I'm pretty sure it won't kill you, or your aao for that matter. :D If you follow the instructions on Macles' blog (link in previous post) you'll do just fine.

I was merely suggesting that there's nothing revolutionary with the new release and at the same time trying to say that the upgrade isn't worth the hassle for those who'd rather keep things as they are instead of fixing something that ain't broke. Under the hood there might be some important driver updates and improved scripts etc. (actually, I'm pretty sure there are, otherwise, why release a new version!?) but most things look the same on the surface compared to previous versions. I honestly can't tell the difference between the latest version and the previous one, except for a few 'new' features (one of them being able to add applets to the toolbar directly via a gui instead of going through CLI/terminal first).

csmo, Jan 7, 2009
  7. tomt

tomt

I may look to do this at the weekend.. But then I'd need to reinstall Ubuntu as well.
    Might be worth the time and effort prior to triple booting with Linpus / Ubuntu / XP !

tomt, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question