what mouse can i get for the Linux ?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jtfab, Nov 16, 2008.

1. jtfab

Metal Mickey

So do the left and right VX Nano mouse buttons work, but not the other buttons, or do none of the buttons work ?

Metal Mickey, Feb 6, 2009
  2. jtfab

libssd

I have tried 3 different mice (Apple, Logitech laptop portable, and Logitech V450 Nano, and all have worked, although the V450 Nano was a bit twitchy even on the slowest setting.

libssd, Feb 6, 2009
  3. jtfab

Aspiration

I am using a ps2 mouse connected to a ps2 to usb adapter and it works fine although it does not recognize the ps2 keyboard.
    I also tried a usb mouse logitech optical brand and it worked as well.

Aspiration, Apr 2, 2009
  4. jtfab

Aspiration

Have Logitech M-8D38 mouse with a click wheel. Pressing down the click wheel goes into this smooth scrolling function which scrolls up or down depending on it the mouse icon is near the top or bottom. Pretty cool feature.

It would seem that this version of Linux isn't too picky about most mice. You may have just found an exception to the rule though.

Aspiration, Apr 6, 2009
  5. jtfab

freddie

I bought an Asda USB Notebook Optical 3 button mouse (recommended elsewhere). Nice and small (8.5cm long, 3cm high, 50gm), retractable cord, click wheel. Dirt cheap - £3.37 ! Works fine so far.

freddie, Apr 7, 2009
  6. jtfab

Metal Mickey

I got a Logitech V450 wireless laser mouse. It's red, has a tiny usb receiver and is comfortable and light. It worked out of the box.

On the Logitech website, hardware is labelled as compatible with certain operating systems. I would guess any mouse that is labelled as 'universal' will work on the Acer Aspire One under Linux.

Metal Mickey, Jul 30, 2009
Ask a Question