Where is Linpus folder? Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSuSe

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ABSDoug, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

Everything BUT a folder for Linpus!? Oh I forgot Google's Android... how could we NOT have a Linpus folder!?

I've been posting a couple questions about Linpus & there doesn't seem to be much interest. Maybe my questions are getting lost in the mix?

I just reformatted & have XP up & running. XP was running slow. Linpus wouldn't run Monzilla Thunderbird & also I lost the "Fn" key controling sound. So now I can't make up my mind what Linux version to use. I'd go with Linpus, fastest, works "out of the box", but I've had problems & posted questions that never get answered. Plus I'm concerned this Linpus is just plain old software. I'm leaning towards Fedora or Unbuntu Netbook Remix, but the latter doesn't sound better than Linpus from what I've read. Any advice would be very appricated!

ABSDoug, Jun 27, 2009
  2. ABSDoug

RockDoctor

Fedora 11, Ubuntu 9.04 (with Sickboy's kernel), Crunchbang, Kuki, Mandriva 2009.1, and a Puppy 4.10 derivative using the 2.6.27 kernel have all worked reasonably well for me. I'm not fond of the UNR interface, so I haven't tried UNR. Moblin doesn't play nice with the card readers. Linpus is old, and Fedora 8, upon which Linpus is based, came out about a year and a half ago. F8 is well beyond end-of-life, making updating the latest and greatest Linux software difficult. No OS is issue-free; you've just got to assess the trade-offs and pick the OS that best meets your needs (even if it's XP).

RockDoctor, Jun 27, 2009
Ask a Question