Which Distro

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lohtse, Jan 15, 2009.

1. lohtse

jeremysdad

@ lohtse

Which LG dvd drive do you have? Is it the slim version? Where did you get it/how much was it? Thanks...

Shawn

jeremysdad, Jan 24, 2009
  2. lohtse

azz2811

i have ubuntu 8.10 on my AAO and with sickboys kernel it works great! no problems what so ever

azz2811, Jan 24, 2009
  3. lohtse

ajayre

If you turn off the wifi using the kill switch and reboot does the wifi stay off?

Andy

ajayre, Jan 24, 2009
  4. lohtse

An_dynas

can't comment on the kill switch since I'm trying never to touch mine after reading about some people's experiences.

+1 for eeebuntu 2.0 UNR. Tremendously well-designed, low power usage, and it works every time. Like most people, I only use what I use, e.g. I never use an external mouse or hard drive or bluetooth dongle, so I'm only commenting on factory-equipped hardware. Also like most Linux enthusiast, I would guess, I've tried 6 or 7 distros on my AA1. They all worked to some degree and with some compromises, except eeebuntu. Right now, I have Mint 5 XFCE, Fedora 10 XFCE, XP, and eeebuntu installed. The frist two took some notable tweaking (particularly Mint for me) to get them where I want them. But when I need to get something done, reliably, with no futzing around needed (and, btw, my AA1 has become a real workhorse), I turn to eeebuntu and it's never let me down.

An_dynas, Jan 24, 2009
  5. lohtse

azz2811

yes it does

azz2811, Jan 25, 2009
  6. lohtse

ajayre

Hmmm... interesting. And it works just by following the AspireOne Ubuntu install guide and nothing more?

Andy

ajayre, Jan 25, 2009
  7. lohtse

azz2811

well i installed ubuntu from the install icon on the desktop and then i installed sickboys kernel for all of the drivers and it just works :)

azz2811, Jan 25, 2009
  8. lohtse

klamath

Mine OpenSuSE 11.1 too do it. But I noticed that the battery must be attached and charged
    It seems it remember my choice of switching on/off wifi switch, via the battery power.
    If I detach the battery and work just with power cord at reboot it switchs always the wifi on.
    Anyone noticed this behaviour ?

klamath, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question