Which One???

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by tonyhuuk, Sep 23, 2008.

1. tonyhuuk

tonyhuuk

Hi

I am new on hear and am looking to get a Acer One, having looked into this alot I am torn between 2 of the models available and would really appreciate some input on this, I will be travelling around a fair amount with the device (storing in in my scooter/ped under the seat).

120gb HDD/1gb Ram
    8gb SSD/521mb Ram

I would really like the extra ram and storage for a little bit more but was wondering if SSD would really be better, I had made my mind up BUT they are now coming in at £20 differnce in price due to an offer.

Oh and the 120gb would enable me to partition the HDD and install XP as well as the packaged version of Linux?

Thankyou for reading this and any input you can give me

tonyhuuk, Sep 23, 2008
  2. tonyhuuk

robotmaker

Hi
    I would definitely get the 1 gb ram version. I loaded it withj mac OSX and its AMAZING. as for the duel-booting, i havent tried it yet

robotmaker, Sep 23, 2008
  3. tonyhuuk

craggsy

Defo the 1Gb ram version, where are you getting it from as the difference from the ones I've looked at is ~£50.

craggsy, Sep 23, 2008
  4. tonyhuuk

pinoyster

get the xp version with 1GB ram/120GB hdd

pinoyster, Sep 23, 2008
  5. tonyhuuk

orion007

I would think at this point it would be better to get a 160GB.6-Cell Battery version as all the 120GB versions are being discontinued. For $50 more you get an extra 40Gb and a bigger battery. The battery alone retails for around $120.00. This make this purchase a no brainer for me. I just got confirmation that my order from cdw is shipping tomorrow so It is possible that you might be able to order one of the black ones if they have any left. If not the white ones will be in next week.

orion007, Sep 23, 2008
  6. tonyhuuk

craggsy

Yea but the 6 cell isn't out in the uk yet.

craggsy, Sep 23, 2008
  7. tonyhuuk

tonyhuuk

Thanks for all the replies, does anyone know when the 6 cell will be released in the UK and if so what the RRP will be?

I also take it from your responses the HDD would be fine and not be a weak point sue to the moving parts?

Thanks again

tonyhuuk, Sep 24, 2008
  8. tonyhuuk

tonyhuuk

Sorry craggsy they have them on play in both colours for £229.99 delivered (but the white is on back order)

But I have since found them on Comet for £224.99 and the 512/8gb SSD version for £179.99 hope this helps

tonyhuuk, Sep 26, 2008
Ask a Question