white screen on boot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by unp0ssible, Apr 19, 2010.

1. unp0ssible

unp0ssible

whenever i turn it on it starts up with a white screen and it stays blank
    i can hear windows login noise and there is led activity on numlock, caps, hdd, wifi, etc so the computer is in working condition.
    plugging an extra monitor it functions the way it should but if i remove the cord it goes back to lcd display which is white

what are possible reasons for this to happen? i don't know how this happened because i bought it this way

i have a 2nd zg5 netbook and i tried placing the top portion of the problematic one (was too afraid of dismantling it) on my working one and the same thing happened...but i'm not entirely sure if this really happened like this because it was very late at night and i may have been confused... :oops:

so personally i think its either the cable, the connection to/from the lcd, or the lcd itself but i am hoping for a 2nd option or maybe someone who has had this happen to them.

when i get a chance i remove both lcds and eliminate 2 of the 3 possible problems i predicted.

unp0ssible, Apr 19, 2010
  2. unp0ssible

unp0ssible

alright physically replaced the lcd of my working netbook with the one that booted white and it was in working condition so i guess that only leaves lcd problem.

only 15 views, how disappointing. I wanted to post it into hardware but the "post topic" wasn't available unless i entered a subforum

unp0ssible, Apr 22, 2010
Ask a Question