Who ordered the white 160GB 6-Cell from CDW?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AceRyan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AceRyan

AceRyan

I placed my order on Tuesday. At the time of my order they told me they were getting these on Mon. Sep. 29th. My order says it is backordered and has an estimated ship date of 10/20/08. So, I called in to inquire about this ship date and the rep assured me they were coming in the 29th and would be sent out ASAP. Anyone else order the white model from them? What has been your experience and what info were you given on shipping times?

AceRyan, Sep 26, 2008
  2. AceRyan

spaceholiday

I called them last night and they told me Monday the 29th as well for the white (and black?). I looked on the website and didn't see a black one available at all, and the brown one is just up to taunt us as the customer service rep didn't know when that was coming.

spaceholiday, Sep 26, 2008
  3. AceRyan

stevekl

I ordered one on Wednesday :D Will let everyone know when it ships

stevekl, Sep 26, 2008
  4. AceRyan

eos

Ordered one last night.

CDW rep told me there are a total of 116 A150-1126s on backorder with two shipments on the way. The two shipments are due to arrive on 9/29 and 10/19 with a total of 600 units; she could not tell me how many were in the first shipment, only that my order will be filled by 10/20. It would have been nice to know if mine was to go out Monday of next week; I'll just have to wait and see.

eos, Sep 26, 2008
  5. AceRyan

wildebeest

Oh no. A different color and the same company. You will hear everything from everyone. My rep was spot on and only a day late, and I had my Black AAO on Thursday.

Have faith and you will get what you want.

I want to know who is going to be "man" enough to start the "who ordered the pink AAO" thread.

wildebeest, Sep 26, 2008
  6. AceRyan

eos

Hey, this netbook is actually a graduation present for my daughter. She'd be thrilled with pink and if I could get this monkey off my back, I'd be that man to buy the pink one.

eos, Sep 26, 2008
  7. AceRyan

AFflyer71

I ordered the white AA1 after I missed the black release. I haven't heard anything from my CDW-G rep in about a week. Will let you know if that changes. Cheers...

AFflyer71, Sep 28, 2008
  8. AceRyan

adriana

Hmmm... I ordered a white one today when I was told that:

1. They had 600 on order
    2. The shipment had already left the factory
    3. It should arrive "later this week"
    4. They had 250 pre-orders against this shipment

Once again, different stories from different CSRs? The person I spoke to said NOTHING about the 2nd shipment.

adriana, Sep 30, 2008
  9. AceRyan

stevekl

Ordered one this past wednesday. Credit card has been charged and estimated shipping date of tomorrow (9/30)

stevekl, Sep 30, 2008
  10. AceRyan

adriana

Hey stevekl, I bet your ship date changed to 10/7 this morning, didn't it? :evil:

adriana, Sep 30, 2008
  11. AceRyan

AceRyan

I spoke with a CDW rep this morning who said they still haven't received the shipment that was scheduled to come in yesterday :cry:

Looks like it is Acer who dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully it comes in today or early tomorrow so that maybe we would still have a chance to get our AA1's this week.

AceRyan, Sep 30, 2008
  12. AceRyan

stevekl

yup, shipping date changed to 10/7 over here too. hoping we'll get it at least by then...

stevekl, Sep 30, 2008
  13. AceRyan

AceRyan

Shipping changed to "TBD"...possibly a sign that they have received them?!? :eek:

I can hope, can't I?

AceRyan, Sep 30, 2008
  14. AceRyan

endless

CDW's site says they now have the white 3-cell Linux and white 6-cell Windows in stock and ready to ship,

endless, Sep 30, 2008
  15. AceRyan

RedMac

Quote from my sales rep.

"It is in picking and will ship today. I promise you that."

I notice too that the site lists them as "In Stock". I'm guessing they won't be in stock for long... I find it very interesting that CDW is able to get these and no one else is getting them (I mean Amazon isn't a *big* enough retailer?).

I'll be canceling my Amazon order once I get a tracking number.

RedMac, Sep 30, 2008
  16. AceRyan

eos

I too have had luck getting the 1126 from CDW. I placed my order last Thursday and have confirmed that mine is shipping out today. Web site still says "Availability: In stock and ready for shipment . Ships same day if ordered before 4 p.m. CT" as of right now, but I also expect that won't last long. I canceled my Amazon order last Thursday when I got an estimated 11/26 ship date from Amazon. Sure, it's $40 more than Amazon, but the way I look at it is that if it was available locally at Best Buy or Circuit City, I would have been willing to pay the tax, so for $10 more I get it now. I'm from Missouri, the Show-Me state; I'll believe Amazon is shipping these to customers for $399 on the day that someone at this forum receives their package. Good luck all.

eos, Sep 30, 2008
  17. AceRyan

AceRyan

Anybody get shipping confirmation or tracking number from CDW yet?

AceRyan, Sep 30, 2008
  18. AceRyan

zachary2287

Nope, still waiting. but the day's only half over.

zachary2287, Sep 30, 2008
  19. AceRyan

orion007

Got the black one in yesterday but it shows fingerprints horribly. I am wondering if they would let me exchange it for a white one? Do any of you have experience with the white one and does it show fingerprints as bad?

orion007, Sep 30, 2008
  20. AceRyan

coolshop

My order now says 'open' and doesn't have any other status. Before it said 'backordered 10/7'. Maybe that means they're filling it.

We need to get a life!

coolshop, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question