Who ordered the white 160GB 6-Cell from CDW?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AceRyan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AceRyan

RedMac

Well.. no order number, no charge on my credit card, no tracking number. Looks like an empty promise from the sales rep. If I find out this hasn't shipped, I must just cancel out of spite and wait for the one from Amazon to show up when it shows up.

RedMac, Oct 1, 2008
  2. AceRyan

ani88

I had the White 120GB and sold it a month ago (I miss it very much) for a 160GB (still waiting!) and other than the LCD screen, fingerprints don't show. It's MUCH easier to clean too since the BASE is white and not painted some dark color over white.

ani88, Oct 1, 2008
  3. AceRyan

volition

Hell yeah!

And it doesn't seem to have charged me tax.

thank you nevada!

volition, Oct 1, 2008
  4. AceRyan

adriana

Me too! I am so happy I bailed out on PC Connections, although I did so like the looks of the Sapphire Blue. :(

adriana, Oct 1, 2008
  5. AceRyan

coolshop

I got my shipping notice from CDW during the night last night. White 160GB ordered on 9/25.

coolshop, Oct 1, 2008
  6. AceRyan

dkaile

Could somebody guide me as to which of these sites is doing International Shipping specifically to India, as we have only the blue in 120GB and black in 160GB here. I would love to get my hands on this White 160GB 6Cell...

Would most appreciate a early response...

dkaile, Oct 1, 2008
  7. AceRyan

RedMac

No shipping notice yet, but CDW web page states mine has shipped and has a serial number (funny.. no charge on my credit card yet either). I'll wait a day or so. I figure if a serial number is posted, they must have shipped me *something* :)

RedMac, Oct 1, 2008
  8. AceRyan

eos

Received shipping confirmation email with serial number and tracking number this morning.

eos, Oct 1, 2008
  9. AceRyan

RedMac

Grrr.. still no shipping notice yet. They are shipping it DHL ground, so it will probably take 5 days to go the 100 miles from CDW to me. (I've had poor luck with DHL in the past). I wonder if mine is still sitting on the shipping dock yet... I was patient before, but now I'm getting antsy... I've already got my Dell 1390 wireless card to install (so I can run Leopard ;) ) and am planning on ordering the extra memory today.

RedMac, Oct 1, 2008
  10. AceRyan

adriana

Hi redmac,

If you dig around on your Order Status online you will find a tracking number for DHL. Here's how you get to it:
    1. Go to Order Status
    2. Look for the Invoice Number (NOT Order#) on the last column on the right
    3. Click on the Invoice Number
    4. The next screen should show a tracking number under the Product description
    5. Click on the tracking number to go to DHL
    6. If there are no details on the shipment you can still estimate transit times by clicking on "More Info" next to Service: Ground
    7. On the next screen you can click on "check transit times"
    8. They will ask you for the origin and destination zip codes - East Coast ships out of 60061.

Estimated transit time from Vernon, Ill to Birmingham, Al showed 2 days. I suspect that will be about average for most locations shipped from Illinois.

Don't despair, there IS hope!

adriana, Oct 1, 2008
  11. AceRyan

AFflyer71

All, CDW has the white 160GB models in stock and ready for shipment. Mine shipped out today!! Get them while they are HOT!!! Cheers!!

AFflyer71, Oct 1, 2008
  12. AceRyan

infernoalfredo

Now they have the blue one ready to ship in 1 to 3 days

infernoalfredo, Oct 1, 2008
  13. AceRyan

RedMac

Ahhh.. thanks. CDW's website isn't very intuitive. ;)

Found the tracking number. Transite time to me (Wisconsin) is 1 day, so I'm hoping it shows up today (nothing in the DHL tracking site other than it the shipping info on pickup....). DHL pretty much sucks though...

RedMac, Oct 1, 2008
  14. AceRyan

coolshop

Although I got UPS tracking last night it's still not active, which to my knowledge means that it has not been picked up from their location by UPS.

coolshop, Oct 1, 2008
  15. AceRyan

volition

Same here. As of now, I have a tracking number, and it does say "All items shipped" on my order status, however, my card has not been charged, nor has the package shipped from illinois.

volition, Oct 2, 2008
  16. AceRyan

quadrophenia

I ordered the white AAO last night and after checking my email/card periodically looking for movement (there was none) i decided to give CDW a call. The rep said they tried calling my number to verify the order. But stupid me i mistakenly gave my wife's cell phone number so since they couldn't verify w/ her they put it on "hold". Well after straigthening out that mess, the Rep released the order and said it should ship out tonight (Oct1).

I live like 30mins from CDW in Vernon Hills and was thinking of going out there to pick it up, however the only time i could get out there would be during rush hour and what would be normally a 50-60minute round trip would be greatly increased. Hopefully being so close i'll be able to get it tomorrow.

quadrophenia, Oct 2, 2008
  17. AceRyan

volition

What? We have to verify our order?

I was not aware, and that sucks! I've been waiting all this time...

I guess i'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow to verify...and yet over the weekend for it to ship.

volition, Oct 2, 2008
  18. AceRyan

RedMac

It didn't show today. DHL web site still lists it as "Shipment Acknowledged". No sign of movement. I'd start to worry, but I know DHL is basically crap. I'll hope I get tomorrow... so much for DHL Transit Times...

RedMac, Oct 2, 2008
  19. AceRyan

coolshop

I believe that means that the item has not been provided to DHL by CDW. My UPS shipment is in the same status. I'd speculate that they packed and printed the shipping labels but did not actually ship these.

coolshop, Oct 2, 2008
  20. AceRyan

quadrophenia

That might be just the case for me. It sounded stupid to me as well. I wanted to point out how ordering online works and how talking to a person should not be necessary but i did not want to be too condescending.

quadrophenia, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question