Who ordered the white 160GB 6-Cell from CDW?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AceRyan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AceRyan

RedMac

Just because I'm annoyed at this point, I called DHL and told them to put a trace on this to find out where it's at. Ya gotta love all the drama involved with these don't you? <grin> I'm itching for it though...

RedMac, Oct 2, 2008
  2. AceRyan

AceRyan

My tracking status with UPS shows a scheduled delivery of 10/2/08. :D

Now I just need to start thinking of excuses to get out of work tomorrow.

AceRyan, Oct 2, 2008
  3. AceRyan

RedMac

Mine is being delivered to work.. ;) Course.. that assumes I get it. I'm certainly not going to cancel my amazon order til I have this one in my hands.

Mine is either sitting on CDW's dock or it's actually in transit and DHL in their usual efficient fashion (heavy sarcasm) will show up tracking information after it's already been delivered. The last DHL package I had shipped took 5 days of which it sat in Indiana for 3 of them. (it was shipped to me from Indiana)

RedMac, Oct 2, 2008
  4. AceRyan

coolshop

Mine was finally picked up from CDW by UPS last night. Should be here Friday.

coolshop, Oct 2, 2008
  5. AceRyan

quadrophenia

Mine was suppose to ship last night according to my rep. Well it didn't. I'll give until noon and then i'll call again and see what the problem is.

quadrophenia, Oct 2, 2008
  6. AceRyan

RedMac

Ok.. so DHL web site finally updated. It looks like it WAS in fact picked up Tuesday night, then went to Michigan (gotta love the hub concept from Northern IL to Southern WI via Michigan) and is now out for delivery. So it should be here today...

RedMac, Oct 2, 2008
  7. AceRyan

RedMac

Came in today! I love this thing!!!! Off to other forums! :). Next thing, more memory, Dell 1390 wireless card and leopard!

RedMac, Oct 2, 2008
  8. AceRyan

macles

Pink is now available at Newegg.

macles, Oct 2, 2008
  9. AceRyan

Dave in Eugene

I ordered one from CDW on Wednesday via Fedex 2-day (cheapest shipping to my location). It's showing out for delivery today, and knowing Fedex it'll be late in the afternoon.

My wife doesn't know I ordered it yet. She needs a new computer too, her old Aspire 3003 is really beat up (mine stll works & looks fine but I wanted better portability and battery life). She wants to go back to a desktop but I bet when she sees the AAO she'll want one of them, especially when she finds out they come in pink. She mostly plays internet Pogo type games and I have to restore the factory OS every couple of months because of all the crap they put in the game downloads.

Something happened to DHL. They used to be a premium carrier but these days they are a bit flaky. They set up cheap corporate contracts with high volume vendors like CDW but their delivery operations in some areas are very low budget and they become overwhelmed.

Dave in Eugene, Oct 3, 2008
  10. AceRyan

eos

Mine shipped out of Chicago on Tuesday, arrived here in St. Louis this morning at 7:00am, but not my house though. That'll have to wait until Monday I guess. It took three days to travel 5 hours down the road. But hey, their Ground guarantee says 1-6 business days, I guess 6 it is.

eos, Oct 3, 2008
  11. AceRyan

eos

But wait, there's more. After arriving in St. Louis (that's where I live by the way), the box was placed on another truck and sent to Kansas City. I guess DHL is going to try their darndest to use up all 6 of those days in their 1-6 day guarantee. Maybe Tuesday now???

eos, Oct 4, 2008
  12. AceRyan

volition

I believe i'm experiencing the same thing, which is why this is the last time I use DHL as a "service."

I'm in the Western U.S., and my package shipped from Illinois. It left Illinois, and was reported to be "processed" in Michigan, which is farther east ( farther away...from ME!! ;_; ). About a day later, this is what happens:

4:17 pm Depart Facility Wilmington, OH
    10:30 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
    6:35 am Scheduled to move Wilmington, OH
    6:32 am Shipment on Hold. Wilmington, OH
    12:19 am In transit. Wilmington, OH

Apparently, my package is being sent even farther east, to Ohio. They even considered holding my shipment! As of now, my package has departed the facility, and judging by their horrendous service so far, my best guess is that my package will be heading to Virginia, maybe as far off as New York which is even farther away from the West Coast.

I can't expect any better from DHL. Next time, its UPS.

volition, Oct 4, 2008
  13. AceRyan

adriana

Got mine! 3 days delivery time

I got my Pearl White baby yesterday - DHL took 3 days in transit from Ill to Birmingham instead of the expected two, but heck, I disn't pay for expedited shipping so I am happy!

adriana, Oct 4, 2008
  14. AceRyan

Dave in Eugene

Mine showed up Friday and earlier in the day than expected. At about 1:00 PM I was headed out the front door to check the snail mail and the box was just sitting there (nobody rang or knocked, just left it). But no big deal, I sort of expected that. Initial setup was painless, I put all my apps & files on my big Free Agent drive beforehand and everything went fine.

Dave in Eugene, Oct 6, 2008
  15. AceRyan

AFflyer71

I just got mine today!! Only took 4 days via post office and military post to Germany. Must be a record!! CDW got it sent in 1 day. Rock on CDW. Amazon still doesn't have them!! Cheers

AFflyer71, Oct 6, 2008
  16. AceRyan

volition

I have my Aspire One right now ( typing :) )

Good luck to anyone still wanting one, and for those who are still waiting on it from CDW (curse you DHL! last-min. delivery advocates -_- ), God Speed.

volition, Oct 7, 2008
  17. AceRyan

jej514

I ordered a white 6-cell from CDW on Tuesday night. Wed all day their website showed the product as back ordered with an estimated ship date of 10/11. But last night (Wed), their website updated to a status of "shipped" and I received an e-mail with tracking info: my AA1 will deliver on Friday! (Via FedEx).

Truth be told, I've had a Dell Mini 9 on order since 9/11 and isn't supposed to deliver until 10/27. If I'm satisfied with the AA1 (concerned about noise), I'll cancel the Dell order.

Looking forward to this!

Jeff

jej514, Oct 9, 2008
  18. AceRyan

AceRyan

As long as yours is of the same batch as mine from CDW, I can tell you, you will be satisfied with the lack of noise. Mine doesnt make so much as a peep. I never hear the fan at all and the only time a do here anything is the occasional HDD activity, but it is infrequent and hardly noticeble.

AceRyan, Oct 9, 2008
  19. AceRyan

jej514

Great...thanks! Looking forward to my new toy arriving!

jej514, Oct 9, 2008
  20. AceRyan

adriana

Mine is beautifully quite, and no heat problems eithr. I am delighted with the product.

adriana, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question