Whups, Add/Remove Programs is gone

Discussion in 'Linux' started by betatested, Aug 22, 2008.

1. betatested

betatested

So I was doing a bit of cleaning through the Add/Remove programs deal from the System menu, and when I finished, I no longer have the Add/Remove programs option. So it would seem, that I have used the program to remove itself.

So if anyone could be able to help me figure out how to install it again without doing a system restore, that would be amazing. I don't have all that many applications that I've loaded onto this laptop myself, but it'd be much easier that trying the restore option.

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

betatested, Aug 22, 2008
  2. betatested

Sid

Look at the menu editor.

What did you "clean up"??

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. betatested

betatested

That didn't give me any of the options that I was looking for. I had been going through the package manager and removing packages that looked un-needed, like chinese and korean and japanese language packages. But obviously I took out something that was more useful than that too.

Although I did remove Firefox and the menu editor let me change the launcher button on the menu to Opera, which is helpful. Much faster browser if you only have 512mb.

betatested, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question